1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mark O on tv!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Feb 3, 2014.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

good luck on towing it Mark!

Although Vanderbos said most homeowners are understanding of this rough winter and willing to pay the added fee to have the snow towed away, there are some private plow truck drivers who don’t have the means to tow it away, which means they might start to lose some business
  3. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Now that's funny! :D
  4. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Does all American TV look like newspaper articles...? Is Marks real name Belinda...? I've been away for a bit....
  5. GVL LLC

GVL LLC Senior Member

that accent is so annoying! I like her vehicle of choice!
  6. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Mark O looked taller in person. What a great ad for having your drives done with a tractor blower combo. No issues then for haviing to pay more to haul it away.
  7. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

I always thought is was Marcia, we'll have to see what he/she has to say about it?????????????
  8. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Says the man from Mass..........:laughing:

You'd think if you're going to be taped for TV you'd drag a comb through your hair, talk about bed head.
  9. bluejlandscaper

bluejlandscaper Member

We've already been to most residentials last week pushing back piles and stacking the snow for new plowing work for upcoming storms, with one of our tractor loaders. We will bill each customer for the time spent on their property in performing this extra service. It's been several years since we last did this service. It makes up for the last two lean years, of plowing.
    In all the years I've been plowing, (40 years +) I've never had to load and truck away snow from residentials, even in 1999-2000 when over 7' of snow fell between Christmas and New Years Day, in the Buffalo, NY area.
  10. grandview

7 footer was in 2001
  11. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Finally getting back to this one.

Says the guy who has the letter "R" on his keyboard but can't pronounce it when speaking.

My thoughts exactly. Wonder if I can get a copy from the news.

You have to understand Belinda. Trying to be diplomatic here, but let's just say that according to one of my former employees who worked with her, certain female personal grooming habits go by the wayside for Belinda during the winter.

Or maybe I could put it this way: she saves a lot of money on shaving products during the colder months. So a comb would also be a waste

It's funny though, I've been to many areas in this country, and the only people I have a hahd time undestanding is the fine folk from the northeast. Southern folk are just fine, and I really don't notice much of a difference among the Midwest all the way Kalifornia, but those folks from about Joisey on up....................................;) :rolleyes:
  12. potskie

potskie Senior Member
    from Ontario

Snow banks? Where? You can still see the house from the street it's not that bad.
  13. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Same Problem in Cleveland Ohio

Well was out cleaning some high rise condo complexes that are right along the lake shore and whenever we have a bad winter this area of town gets pretty bad with piles at the end of parking lots and drives getting too tall along streets. There are a lot of underground parking ramps and pulling out to the street is quite dangerous. I knock them down as good as possible but with cars in the street due to not having a no parking ban because of the high population of people it is tough. I don't like working their during the day since it is an accident waiting to happen. Plus property owners dont want to pay for removal.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  14. grandview

How much they pay you to plow dry pavement?
  15. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I knew someone would bring that up Thumbs Up. I was trying to clean up in front of my condos on the street so when the city trucks come by they don't push it back in since they are all in row it makes it alot easier then property managers calling me to come clean up aprons later in the day. The camera was halfway out in the street and had to go around.
  16. grandview

17. MR. Elite

MR. Elite Senior Member
    from E Town

GOOD find GV!!! LOL
    Im starting 2 feel as tho a lot of plow guys jus need or want 2 find SOMETHING 2 complain about…
    Las couple seasons, Not enough snow…. Now.. 2 Much snow..?!? WTF?? Just suck it up, n deal with it!!! It could've been ALL RAIN this year ladies..!
    Now, I must make this clear… IM NOT POINTING THE FINGER AT ANY1 IN PARTICULAR.. I jus kno a lot of the people in my area r starting 2 whine n cry that its 2 much snow, I can't keep up, I wasn't want summer 2 come soon!! Whaaaa Whaaa bla!!!
    And that is my rant 4 2day…..
  18. UltraLwn&Lndscp

UltraLwn&Lndscp Senior Member