1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mark III lead at bottom

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by horsepowerlawns, Jan 15, 2013.

1. horsepowerlawns

horsepowerlawns Member

I have had this plow for about 5 years.
    http://parts.westernplows.com/poster.asp
    Last year one of the bolts (#24) came lose over the summer, so when I put the plow on it leaked fluid out the bottom (between #49 &#23) I replaced the O ring (#130). It was fine last year and untill last week. Now its leaking again, I replaced the O ring again, but it looks like I may need a thicker one.

How thick is the O ring #130?
    Why is there preasure in the lower mount (#23) when the plow is up?
    I have an Alum welder at work, can I just weld the lower mount (#23) to the body & not mess with the O ring any more?

2. horsepowerlawns

horsepowerlawns Member

Not sure why the link is going to that page now.
    Click on the "ISARMATIC® Mark III Hydraulic Unit" under "UniMount & Conventional Hydraulic Components"

3. snowplowparts

snowplowparts Inactive

If you have not replaced the base lug, do it.(Along with a new oring)
    the base lug can become warped as well as the bottom mounting bolt that goes thru the base lug gets worn out and the hydraulic unit wants to twist.
    You may want to have the 2 holes heli-coiled for proper toque on the bolts
    and take a flat sanding block to make sure the bottom is flat.
    That should cure your problem.

As far as pressure, thats the bottom of the lift ram hydraulic port,

4. horsepowerlawns

horsepowerlawns Member

Last year when the bolt was loose I opened up the holes to 3/8 and put new SS bolts in. I will get a lug.

5. snowplowparts

snowplowparts Inactive

If you dont have a place to get it near you, PM me your address we will send it to you FREE
    for being a Plowsite Member.ussmileyflag

6. horsepowerlawns

horsepowerlawns Member

Thanks for the offer, I have a place close to me, but so far they haven't called me back about it.

Can I just tap and install a pipe plug into the hole to seal it off? What's the reason for the open hole and the cup in the base lug?

7. snowplowparts

snowplowparts Inactive

Its just the way they casted the housing as far as the hole goes.(it also acts as a resevoir for sediment and easy to clean out)
    They made the lug bolt on so when it weres out or breaks,just unbolt and replace,unlike the meyer you have to replace whole lower housing $$$.