1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

March 24th and Its Snowing in Detroit!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PremierLand, Mar 23, 2005.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Wow is this cool. I dont plow, im not a big dog yet :( But I still make a good amount with the 2 Snowblowers I use. BTW, I am insured, so no bashing. Accuweather says 6" by tommarow morning. This is nuts, it was like 50 yesterday, and now snow. WOOO HOOO. Anyway, I just had to get it off my chest, you guys know how it is, you see snow, you get hyper... Well, atleast I do. LOL. I guess this means I should go get the gas cans filled up and gas in the truck. :waving: :drinkup: :waving: Be safe our playing in the snow Michiganders!!!
  2. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

6"-12" Here tonight, hasent started yet.. well see what happens. Everything is ready to go for the early morning tommrrow.
  3. dirtwork

dirtwork Member
    from ohio

Need any help? I will drive from Ohio just to see some white stuff :gunsfiring:
  4. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

We've had snow here well into April before. Not common, but it has happened. In recent years I've also been driving my Beaumont on New Years Day, ie: no road salt yet so no storage for the winter :p

I was caught offgaurd by this storm... our forecasts were for light flurries, another said up to one inch. We have about 2" now, still snowing. I needed the truck for a job, so the salt was unloaded, tools off, plow off, etc yesterday, now this out of nowhere--put it all back on! Naturally, the bed of the truck has a front-end loader in it and its misc. parts, and my forklift is apart for a new starter (which naturally isn't identical and needs customizing to fit) so I can't unload the machine, nor can I lift my salt barrels. :( I used my engine hoist to get two barrels in there and threw a few bags on the trailer.

Its been a rough day, followed by this rough night. Its 12:53am and I just sat down for some supper, then out I go.
  5. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry to hear ya had a crappy day Derek. I just got the call this afternoon be ready for tonight, I laughed at my supervisor. Hope like hell the boys in the office are wrong though. Plow is buried in garage with a heap on and around it (hang-in drywall on ceiling so half of garage buried plow on other half). Oh ya ballast is piled on plow frame and in front of it :(

Im watchin the temps close if it drops enough (48 now) I guess I will go play in my mess to get ready.

6. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

Oh boy

Maybe this is what it takes to get snow here. Everyone puts stuff away, and stops watching the weather! I heard 1-3 here, but I kind of doubt it. Kinda sucks cause I just drove and hour or so to get my Temp. plate for the big truck. They have been working all week, but I didn't have my plate yet. Now I get my plate, and they started dropping trucks and now snow is coming! Now do I try and work in the morning, and risk not plowing? (will get paid faster than from the truck), or say I'm ready for the truck and it'll snow then.

I can't win. :realmad:

7. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Yeah it was pretty bad--probably the worst I had all season :p I'll post about it in a day or so, makes for a good story, just sucked to be involved... lol

The good news is nothing was broken, it just seemed that way!
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2005