1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mapping Software?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by durchins, Jan 11, 2005.

1. durchins

durchins Member

The storm last week in Chicago had us running every which way but loose. I currently have about 150 accounts within a 4 mile radius. Does anyone know of a software or online mapping tool that will allow me to enter all the accounts and will plot a course that will put me from point a to point b and so on in the quickest possible time?
    Your help would be appreciated.
  2. jpunlimited

jpunlimited Senior Member

gps software

I have a garmin 76c gps and use metro guide USA software. I do not use it for plowing. but used it when I was doing my Mobile service based business. now I just use it when we travel. the metro software by map source loads to a computer and sounds like what you want. you enter the addresses and save them as way points then build you route by speed or distance or rest stops or whatever you want it is very detailed. it costs about $100 dollars for the one that loads to your hand held gps. however if you go to staples they have much lower price versions. you need the street address level detail in whatever you buy because this allows you to build your routes rather than just look at color maps. you will never have to ask for directions again. west marine has all kinds of units. check out there discontinued list in the stores or online. even if you get old software they have free or next to free upgrades on the mapsource website.
  3. swolff

swolff Junior Member

mapping software

Microsoft streets and trips is what I use. Only about $40 USD... You can import a spreadsheet of address and request a route, add and delete addresses or gps coordinates, print and you can add a gps to the software or laptop and your there.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2005