1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mapping or Routeing software?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by wkahler, Dec 29, 2008.

1. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Was looking to find a cheap way to tell me which order i should do my routes in to be fastest and closets to where i am at one current time. I thought Rand McNally had something but not sure? Any help would be great!!

2. ScnicExcellence

ScnicExcellence Senior Member

gps. use google maps or mapquest and put in all the address then route them in the fastest way possible through there.
  3. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Well what i wanted to do was put in all the address at once and have the software tell me which one to start and which one was the closets to farthest away...................maybe that's the same thing you are saying, not sure!
  4. Captain

Captain Senior Member

Go to Google maps. Type in all your addresses as destinations, and then save the map. Google will then give you the best route between your destinations depending on the parameters you pick.
  5. bula_1984

bula_1984 Member

Microsoft streets and trips works well. Have that on my laptop and kep it with me when im plowing. Real nice for blowing snow to keep me on the road, it can tell which lane you are in on a street.