1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

many opinions

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hustler, Oct 26, 2007.

1. hustler

hustler Junior Member

i've read all the responses to the subcontractor pay schedule, I was wondering what all the responder's are paying their sub's, not what you would take for pay for yourself, what you guy's are paying, and how many sub's are you employing
  2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

here in st.louis i'm paying guys driving my stuff 35.00 per hour, 20.00 per hour for walks, subs w/ thier own trucks get paid between 50.00-60.00 per hour. i don't know how this will compare to the guys up north but if it's more maybe it's because snow is a "rare" occurance compared to northern states and is worth more because it doesn't happen all winter long and guys still need to make a "big, risky" investment in equiptment and material
  3. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

sub prices

here in mid missouri I pay my subs $50.00 per stop\hour for lots, $20.00 per stop\hour for walks, $12.00 per bag for salt\ice melt. most of these properties are banks and companys that require their roadways to be kept clean durring the storm. so they average 3 stops an hour durring the storm. after they close and the storm is over we go back and clean the lot. If final cleaning runs over 1 hour they get paid thier rate in 15 minute increments. my subs furinish their own salt\ice melt. I currently have 2 routes that I sub out plus my own route. hope this helps.`
  4. midwestsnowguy

midwestsnowguy Member
    from midwest

subs with their trucks and plows,...25.00 to 45.00 per hour, i have good guys and they set their prices with me when they started with me, so I am fair to them.

everything else we do in house
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2007