1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Manufacturing problem???

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by UglyTruck, Feb 18, 2008.

1. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

I'm not here to start a flame war...just to pass on info.

I dont have a Meyer plow but I got a call from another guy tonight looking for emergency subs... between him & his subs, they have a total of 5 trucks down tonight with cracked or shattered hydro pump casings. all of these are new this season straight blade meyer plows.

just thought you would want to know.

2. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

I was told that would happen if the pump pressure was increased above the recommended setting.

3. v-plower

v-plower Senior Member

I was on the phone with my plow dealer today, twice and he is a friend of mine. I asked if he was way backed up due to the storm we are getting and there was nothing mentioned. I will be at his shop tomorrow after I am finished plowing so will ask him if there is an influx of issues with the new straight blades.
    Maybe your area got a bad shipment or something because none of the guys I know have had any problems.

Also, that is why I buy my plows where I do. He is open during storms and has tons of parts in stock so if something breaks he will fix it immediately so not much down time.

4. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

Who is your dealer?

5. v-plower

v-plower Senior Member

Springfield Auto and Truck

They are awesome!
    I buy a lot of stuff from Mike. His customer service is the main reason.
    All of my friends and associates buy their plows, lights etc. from Mike.