1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Manual Trans Controller Mount...

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Kromeflamez, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Kromeflamez

Kromeflamez Junior Member

Not sure if this is the right spot to post this but if so sorry rookie mistake...

Updated the fleet for the snow season and the new (to us) rig is a manual... we are putting a BOSS 8 Ft Straight blade on her and I'd like to mount the controller to the shifter ... anybody have this done already and have any tips on how to mount it, or is there an aftermarket company who makes a mount already?

Thanks in advance

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Might have to make your own. Angle iron and some U bolts and your done. Or thin plate, bend it at a 90 and clamp it.
    I always had my controllers mounted to the dash or clamped to the seat. I personally never liked the idea of mounting to the shifter. Just my .01
  3. Kromeflamez

Kromeflamez Junior Member

I thought about mounting to dash but just thought it'd be easier on the shifter
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

To each his own, again I never personally liked it.
    Both my trucks it would have hit the dash, cup holder, or seat.
  5. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

I took the handle off mine and velcroed it to the top of the left arm rest. You might try removing the handle before you look for a mount. With the handle off its only about 3 inches square.