1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Manual to Power Mirrors

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by campkd6, Oct 27, 2011.

1. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

Does anyone know if the wiring is in the doors of 2002 Chevy 2500HD doors for power mirrors.
    I have the manual towing mirrors and would like to go to the power heated towing mirrors if possible.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I do not believe the wiring would be there if the truck did not come with power/heated mirrors from the factory
  3. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

I have heard different opinions. Some say its there others not. Guess I will have to pull a door panel and look.
  4. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

The wires are there for your truck.All you need is the switch with a new panel to activate the mirror head and you need the factory rear windshield defrost option to activate the heat.If you don't have that,you'll have to install a separate switch.
  5. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

Thanks Tuney443 I knew someone would have the answer. Yup just going to use a switch for heat.
  6. tuney443

No need to pull your door panel.Just take off the black triangular mirror cover on the outside of your door and the wires will be there.
  7. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

did that no wires there
  8. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

The earlier years years for this body style don't have a lot of pre-existing wiring for extra option. The later years, like '06 and '07 are pretty much wired for everything it seems. My '06 "work truck" has the plug-and-play wiring for fog lights, power seats, power mirrors, cab lights, auto dim mirror with temp and compass, just to name a few bells and whistles.

In your case, I think that the power mirror switches are on the arm rest in the door panel in the same grouping of switches as the power windows, and in most cases I do believe that those two option go hand in hand so you may either need to do a little custom working or end up with dummy switches for power windows.
  9. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

My 06 did not. Most do not have the wiring. You can run the wires yourself. The only way the wiring might be there would be if you have power windows and locks.
  10. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

i have power everything just not mirrors. windows,locks,both seats, just not mirrors
  11. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

If you or a friend has one of those snake scopes before you take the door panel apart it may be good to poke around with that first. I know on trucks ive changed mirrors on before ive dropped that harness out of my hands and when it hangs down in the door you'd never know it was there!
  12. tuney443

EXACTLY.I know they are there because I had a 2001 2500HD with manual mirrors and I changed them out for power and heated ones.GM did this I believe up to the NBS trucks and then what else is new--they wen't cheap and only wired trucks for the power options.Those wires are probably taped to the inside of the door,interior side--get a strong light in there and fish them out.
  13. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

sounds good i pulled the window switch out and tried to look i will just pull the panel off. gives me a good excuse to put the new speakers in the door that have been on the shelf for 6 months.
  14. sledrider2005

sledrider2005 Member

i have an 03 2500 hd with the power extending mirrors they work off the left and right selector switch for the mirrors
  15. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

any update?
  16. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

No havent pulled the panels off yet. Maybe this weekend. And been waiting for a member near me to send pics of some mirrors he has for sale.
  17. brant

brant Junior Member

find out any more on this?
  18. JAJA

JAJA Member

Not to steal a thread but 03 with power mirrors already do you think it would be pre wired for heated mirrors and built in turn signals
  19. concreteguy

concreteguy Senior Member

The thread is over 3 years old, doubt they're still looking
  20. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

I have heated mirrors on my 96 ram in 96 they only had power I put a set on from a 98 i have the heating system on A switch and can turn them on or off when ever i want i never leave them on for more than 20 min or so i think they look better than the chrome 6x9's