1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Manual Shift or Automatic?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by mercer_me, Oct 24, 2008.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I was just wandering what people like to plow with, Manual Shift or Automatic? I have an automatic 2004 Arctic Cat 500 and works realy good but I think a munual shift would work better. Has any one blown any belts on your automatics?

2. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

My auto does pretty good, the only problem I have is it swill screw up this little switch inside by the belt not to hard to fix, it did it for the 3rd time today since I have owned it. My friend has a manual and he can move pretty fast with it, but I would still prefer an auto

3. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

my 2000 arctic cat 500 is an auto. it does really good. but I prefer a manual. beause the auto I lack a little power it seems like. and also I find myself having to put it in low sometimes. my old 2000 arctic cat 400 2x4 manual had more power then my 500 auto.

4. ljrce

ljrce Senior Member

i run a 2007 kawasaki brute force 650i 4x4 with 28x12.5x12 outlaw tires with a auto and havent broke a belt or had any trouble yet