1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Manual Needed

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ctd8939, Jan 13, 2009.

1. ctd8939

ctd8939 Junior Member

Hi, New to the forum and new to plowing snow. My family bought a house last summer with a long driveway and I thought the best way to get the snow out of the way is to buy a plowtruck. I bought an old ford with a meyers on it. It worked OK the first couple times but now it won't raise or turn and is leaking hydraulic fluid etc.

I am pretty handy and I think I can fix it but I do not know where to start. I have never had a plow before and never messed with anything hydraulic except for brakes.

Does anybody on here know where I can view an on-line owners manual for my pump. It is an E-47. I have looked on Meyers.com and I see manuals for other pumps on there but nothing for an E-47. I don't even know how to properly check the hydraulic fluid in the thing or even where to check or add it. I am sure the seals need to be replaced due to it leaking but again, I don't know where to start.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

3. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

The best bet is to start cruising the site here..... Every question you asked is in a forum here for sure. And there should be a manual on the meyers site too.

4. ctd8939

ctd8939 Junior Member

Thanks a lot guys.