1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Manual hubs for 06 Super Duty?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by plw1987, Sep 3, 2011.

1. plw1987

plw1987 Junior Member

I just purchased an 06 ford super duty King Ranch with powerstroke in it. The front factory auto hubs are shot as they were in my 02 when I bought it. I replaced the hubs on my 02 with Warn manual locking hubs and they work awesome. Unfortunately, I don't see where Warn offers them on the 05 and newer super duty's. Any ideas out there? I really don't want to replace these with another factory set like them. Thanks for the input.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

3. weareweird69

weareweird69 Senior Member

You can buy manual hubs from ford. I have them in my 06 axles...

4. Bigfoot Brent

Bigfoot Brent Senior Member

I have heard that the '05 and up Super Duty hubs are made by Warn, but that could be wrong.

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Warn shows 99-07 as the same part #.

STD...........WAR11690
    Premium....WAR38826

It actually shows a lot of trucks use the same hub, even Chevy's and Dodges. I say pull one and count the splines. The #s I gave are for 30 spline hubs.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  6. weareweird69

weareweird69 Senior Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dont know how they get 99-07, the 05-current hubs are the same, and the 99-04 hubs are the same. Both are different from each other, and even the unit bearings are different.

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Looks like they're wrong

8. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

Just order hubs from Ford manual ones....the 450 had manual on same axle I think.

9. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

How do you know when one is shot? I have a clicking noise in mine that goes away after several miles. Especially loud after sitting for awhile

10. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

Price may be more but ford does have all manual hubs. They have them on the xl trucks.