1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tilawn, Dec 20, 2009.

1. tilawn

tilawn Member

Has anyone ever used these? How well do they work? In my area we get anything from wet and heavy to dry and fluffy snow does this work for both? Thank You for any input you might have.:waving:
  2. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

3. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I was gonna say, sounds like a brand of shovel or something.... :p

Oh, apparantly it is! lol Looks like a fancy version if the ice rink shovel they sell at Canadian Tire... which means light snow or forget about moving it LOL
  4. tilawn

tilawn Member

5. doubleedge

doubleedge Member
    from ND

On their website, they claim that it eliminates friction. Since no known substance is frictionless, they are obviously lying. This makes me distrustful of their other claims.
  6. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I have one of those Garratt (sp?) Snow Plow shovels, those yellow plastic double edged blades on the 30* (ish) angle.... always thought it would be useless until I tried it, works great for those light 1" or less type snow falls, you just walk and it plows off the side. Wish it had a metal edge, though, mine is wearing thru. :cry:
  7. paradise1229

paradise1229 Senior Member

8. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

Looks like the same amount of effort for a snow scoop, and they move a large amount of snow. Plus with them you can ramp the load of snow up and over the bank.
    How is it " they eliminate bone jaring stops "? If you hit an imovable object with them, its going to stop dead just like a shovel or snow sccop!
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  9. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

Works great with a 1 inch snow and smooth driveway. Heavy wet snow or uneven pavement, forget about it. wait until the spring to buy. $1 at a garage sale.
  10. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

I'd much rather have "The Snow Plow" shovel.