1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Manifold leaks at housing unimount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by cquelette, Jan 30, 2015.

1. cquelette

cquelette Junior Member
    from 60440

I recently changed my manifold with a used one. I cleaned it out and made sure all plugs and valves were in good shape. I put new o rings on and they are in place correctly. Is it likely for the boss plug to leak or be loose causing overload of fluid around that o ring? Let me know what you guys think

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Do you mean the o-ring boss plug? If the plug with the o-ring under it is leaking then replace the o-ring. Don't use o-rings from a generic kit, they are not the right size. We get our o-rings from the fitting store. Too small o-rings don't seal and too big tend to squeeze out and get damaged causing leaks.

If your psr relief valve is set too high it still wouldn't be enough to blow that plug seal out. They will handle well over what the pump is capable of producing even without a relief valve.

3. cquelette

cquelette Junior Member
    from 60440

the place I got the o rings from usually from western. I'll have to ask. Could it be anything else? The o rings seem to be sitting snug

4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Is it leaking at the plugs or where the valve block bolts to the reservoir? If it's the block to red the metal surface may have a mar on it or perhaps paint or dirt.