1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Managing Snow & Ice Control Operations Seminar

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by promark51, Oct 4, 2008.

1. promark51

promark51 Junior Member

Anyone here attending the Managing Snow and Ice Control Operations seminar in Madison, Wisconsin on October 6-7? I will be there as we are always interested in any information regarding anti-icing, prewetting, etc. We have implemented these alternate strategies at my place of business for the last two years (testing different industrial sites/ areas) and I believe this is the year we go full tilt.

Let me know if your going, maybe I will see you there.

Sam

2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

do you really need a seminar to learn how to manage snow and ice?????? what do they teach you? how to spread salt, or how to pre wet at the spinner? do they teach the right way to stack snow?

3. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

What I have found from attending conferences is that you may not learn how to stack snow or plow alot. You will see diferent ways of doing different things some may help you some may not, some I have felt were usless. Overall it is never a bad experience though. Different areas also deal with different types of precip. you have to remeber that & take it into consideration. What may not slow down a snowbelt region will bring thngs to a complete halt in others.

4. promark51

promark51 Junior Member

When you have project managers and facility superintendents from our industrial sites asking for alternatives to simply tossing around salt, any information on the newer alternatives is always helpful. As a matter of fact, they teach you about those ideas and more such as: formulating a budget plan and pricing structure on how to incorporate prewetting and anti-icing, exploring the different chemicals available and their properties, liability and safety, etc. Long gone are the days of tossing buckets of salt out of the back of a moving pickup.:)

5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

where and when is this i might go because it looks like rain here anyway

6. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

where is this in madison i am very interested can you still sign up? Nothing like waiting till the last minute