1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Management Companies

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by maynard farms, Sep 20, 2016.

1. maynard farms

maynard farms Junior Member
    from ct

Jll in our are picked up all the USPS sites don't know if there going to be bid out this year or not, cant get a call back or an email answered. 35 years no lawsuit not big operators but enough This SUCKS. I read the post on Ferrandino There making out well cause they got paid. Class action lawsuit comes to mind. Ive done work for USM they finally got there act together were not bad to work for. Ciminelle is trying. Its time to cut back

2. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

These Nsp's with these government contracts should be monitored like everybody else. Let the government know your not getting paid things could change. Any government funds should be prevailing wage. I done a small stair repair at our city USPS and I had to follow the Davis Baker act. :dizzy: :hammerhead:

3. snowbuddy1617

snowbuddy1617 Junior Member

has anyone gotten calls about doing snow removal for lowes? i did my lowes for years and was told it was out for bid

4. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Talk to the responsible party. Ask for a bid packet. No one wants to loose a customer. But remember we don't own the customers either.

5. maynard farms

from ct

home depot and lowes always seem to be up for bid in are area , Insurance is tough to get I think. There also seems to be a growing amount of management companies that claim they can do it cheaper.

6. maynard farms

from ct

They just keep squeezing the contractors.

7. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Lowes you have to be a approved Contractor, I looked over lowes approval forms, I'm not sure I want to give them this info. they are requesting.

8. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Lowes in OH is through Brickman/Brightview. I think this is the last season they have the contract

9. jmoriweb

jmoriweb Junior Member

I have done work for management companies including Ferrandino which was huge mistake. They do not pay the full bill and always find ways to cheat you. I signed a seasonal contract with them for 3 locations and they cancelled it halfway through after all the major storms came. It was a total waste of money and time. Never again. And it was not due to performance or the quality of the work.