1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Man this snow is wet!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by oldmankent, Feb 10, 2005.

1. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

They are only saying 3-5" here on Cape Ann, and I am glad. It is wet and sticky and if we get enough to push will be a pain. Already had a hell of a time getting my plow on. It was half sunk in the mud. That was my own fault of course. and I waited until we have two inches so I'm sliding around yanking the thing trying to get the pins lined up. Not a good start. Anyway have fun pushing this stuff everyone. Especially you guys up in Maine. Nick.
  2. xlr8

xlr8 Senior Member

Yep wet here too so wet in fact that it puddled up on my deck!!!!!!!
  3. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

That's too bad Nick, yesterday was a nice day to hook up. I'd hate messing with it in the mud. Of course, even though I hooked up early on my nice dry driveway, I'm not going to get anything to push. So things aren't so bad for you after all. I wish I was up in Maine.
  4. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Hey Nick,

I'm south of you on the Beverly Line. Heavy and wet. This is the first storm with chains on the Loader and for the first time no sliding down the hill from our biggest parking lot right out onto the main road!!
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2005
  5. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Hey guys just got in for a little bit of shut eye. Been out since 6 last night. Yes this was a pain to plow but I cheating when doing drives, I didn't back drag it either. I took up the slack in the saftey chain so the plow was just about hitting the ground then I didn't have to worry about digging up the drives. There is about 1 1/2 of packed snow on the roads everywhere. North of me they were calling for 15-22" Where I live along the coast we got about a foot. Right now it is coming down as light and fluffy. I wish the whole storm was like that and hard ground plowing.
  6. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

The Bottom of the snow here was wet and heavy but the 3-4" on top of it was fluffy. Dam ground was to wet and I dug up a lot of grass. Oh well I will charge them for a mow too. :drinkup:
  7. swolff

swolff Junior Member

try pushing it

Try pushing it when your truck doesn't want to go into 4wd :cry:
  8. oldmankent

Well, it was definitely wet. I put new hydraulic lines in last week and one of them leaked on me so that added to the fun. Easy fix though. Didn't get much here, but it is all over the roads where it drifted and got packed down. Sun's out now, and should do some good. It is amazing that 3" of wet snow is harder to push than 12" of dry snow.
  9. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I waited until the rain changed to snow last night to put my plows on. It changed around 4:30PM, my plows are in the garage so no sinking in the mud or getting wet while mounting them. Iam glad i have plows that I don't have to fight with to get into place. I plowed 3 driveways including my own this morning. We got maybe 2" of new snow, not enough to plow everyone.
  10. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

I put my plow on once and take it off once. Not put it on a millon times and take it off and million times.
  11. oldmankent

The less time the plow is on the truck the better my truck feels.