1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mall wanting quote

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by TPC Services, Sep 23, 2010.

1. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

Was wanting to see what you guys where thinking for equipment you would use on these properties. both are properties belong to the same large mall
    "Yellow" I plow, "Red" they are to plow
    (for top picture) (3) trucks an a skid loader 10' pusher to stack, (3) man crew for sdwks
    ( for bottom picture ) (8) 3/4 -1 ton V plow trucks (2) 4x4 backhoes with 12'-14' push boxs for stacking. (4) man crew & 1 ATV for sdwk's. not much sdwk work to do most is done in house.

MALL image 2b.jpg

MAll image 1a.jpg

MAll image 1a.jpg

MALL image 2b.jpg

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I would say, don't relay on the machines for just stacking snow. They can more then out plow trucks. utilize them. I would also think about using a loader and a 16 foot pusher if you can. I think that 8 acres could run away from you in heavy snow with 3 trucks and a skid. It would depend on the level of service you customer wants.

I don't get the "they plow" part. Why are they doing it? how are you going to manage what happens in "their" section, because you need to. What happens if they don't salt and someone has an accident... they are coming after the snow plow guy and you need to make sure you can prove it's not your issue.

3. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

You're heavy on the number of trucks, and light on your loaders.

Go with bigger loaders and pushers....a couple 16' for sure.

4. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

I would use a loader ( equipped with 14 or 16ft pusher) with a qualified operator and a larger skid ( with a snow wing and 6 ft sidewalk plow) and man and a truck (snow blower and shovel). The loader will plow more then 3 acres/hour (even in heavy snow) The skid can do the sidewalks and then plow parking area as well. I think a 4 to 5 hour turn around time is attainable on 4-6 inches. JMHO.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  5. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

salopez, The mall maintenance personal plows 60% of the mall that just how it is. . They have the same equipment that I would have on the property. They plow curtain spots to reduce the cost of plowing the whole property. They are taking care of all the secondary areas that don't get used as much. We talked about responsibility on areas that we plow up to theirs. The liabilities would be disclosed in the contract where they end and where we pick up. I was thinking the same on bigger loaders but have never seen anything bigger than a couple backhoes, large skid loaders and a butt load of trucks plowing on this property. I will have to come up with different numbers using larger equipment and see here I land. I really don't see this property going for over $5- $6k a push from a 2.5"- 5" storm that’s including plowing, sanding, sdwks, and ice melt. But thanks for all the good input on running larger equipment..

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  6. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I think the number of trucks is overkill as well. You will definitely want a few on hand to clean up the tight spots, but the bigger iron is what you really need. Trucks are very inefficient for those long pushes.