1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Making your own tools

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by TJS, Feb 23, 2015.

1. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

My Tahoe blew a waterpump this weekend. I had a pump on hand that I got a while ago. I went to NAPA to get the bypass hoses, $$. Anyway, I inquired about the fan clutch nut tools. He said they were out of stock and needed to order them and they are 60 bucks and will not have them for a few days. So after being bent over for 2 small hoses I told him no way. Went home and made some measurements and made the tools in about an hour and some scrap.
    Here is a pic. One is the wrench the other is a spanner that bolts to the pump pulley.
    [​IMG]
    Here is a short vid:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cbghq30PZU&list=UUyHPiQOEn8q8oDkYkxmjWmg

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Nice work. Thumbs Up But I don't think I will ever give up my pneumatic fan tool kit. ;)

3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

That's kool

Always fun to make them

4. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Yes Kimber I have used that method (air hammer set up) on my Wife's Caddy Escalade (6.0 LS motor). She did not like the marks it made in the nut. I had to sand the nut to get rid of the marks. She likes her nuts smooth. LOL.
    T.J.

5. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

Better not let that get around....

:laughing:

I made these bearing race seating tools. Makes the job almost brainless...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

What do you do with some old pieces of leaf spring ?

You make this guy's tools..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

You reminded me why i hate photo bucket so much on my phone.

8. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

She shouldn't be allowed to use the hood release. Top Secret / Eyes Only. :mechanic: