1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Making room for more.....

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Williams Ex Co, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Williams Ex Co

Williams Ex Co Junior Member
    from Iowa

Sounds like we are getting more snow tonight and tomorrow..... Time to make room for it.

DCP02444 [800x600].JPG

DCP02445 [800x600].JPG

DCP02446 [800x600].JPG

DCP02449 [800x600].JPG

DCP02447 [800x600].JPG

2. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Nice! Is that an old 6? Looks in good shape! Is that for a drive or is it for a customer? If for a customer, whats a D6 go for hourly these days for snow removal? Looks good!!!!

3. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member

I use my dozer at my shop to plow with and it is alot of fun. Mine has a heated cab and radio so even beter. Pushing snow is real easy, doesn't even warrm it up.

4. Williams Ex Co

from Iowa

Mike S Its a D6C Serial # 10K8243 which gives it a build date in the late 70's. I had to get this out and push snow as I was not able to keep up with a pick up plow and skidloaders.... This is on my farm. Can I be my own customer??? Pay me a bunch!
    During the summer I get $100/hr out of this machine. Dont have a clue what it would be worth as snow removal..... Thanks for the nice comment on its looks... I try to keep my mavhines up as best as possible, nice to get props for it now and then.

John Mac Cab? Cabs are for sissies! LOL! But I wont say that when Im sitting in one of my Bobcats with heat and air...... Paul

5. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

My buddy has a old 6 in good shape also and he uses it for his excavating company. The machine works great! His is a early 80's and care for his equipment also so it is still really nice! There is a factory outside of columbus that has to use dozers like your 6 to handle thier snow dump site! I heard they get $250 an hour wouldnt that be fun!

6. Williams Ex Co

from Iowa

Good thing I made room.... We are on day 2 of a nasty storm, day one was a couple inches with plenty of wind. Today brought ground blizzard conditions.... Blue sky a couple hundred feet up but howling wind and snow drifting everywhere on the ground. State and county plows not able to keep up with the storm. Some major highways closed or closing.
    Most county gravels near impassable. My hired mans parents still live on the farm and have not been able to get out. We tried today to get there and made it to within a mile, will walk in tomorrow and fire the blower up and blow a path out..... This Boss Vee plow is awesome but it does have its limitations.... I banged away on stuff like this pic all day long...... Paul

Vee plow.jpg