1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Making Parts in an emergency....pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by TJS, Dec 17, 2013.

1. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Ok, So I had my Fenner pump apart a while ago and put need O rings and such as well as upgraded to a 3.1cc/rev pump. Worked good. However I failed to tighten one of the nuts that cover the cross over relief adjustment screw. So the Dec 14 storm I lost it and it started leaking fluid. I tried to find this part everywhere. I was wasting time for today's storm Dec. 17th. I went to 5 places and the last hyd. hose fitting place had a nut with the right thread but it was some sort of an adapter. I got it with O rings for 5bucks. Went home and machined the part I did not need off, welded the hole up and then had to machine a grove for the O ring. Took all of half hour. It took longer going to places and trying to find the part.
    Pics.

The orig. cap on the left. There are 2 for this pump. Good thing I had this to measure off of. The adapter nut on the right.
    [​IMG]

After machining the nut and making a landing for the weld.
    [​IMG]

TIG welded hole shut.
    [​IMG]

Machined for the O ring.
    [​IMG]

2. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Cont.
    Done. That is not a leak. It was just residue from the leak that I had.
    [​IMG]

3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

It sure is handy having a Mill, Lathe and Tig to fix/build stuff.
    I have no idea how guys work without them.

4. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

I agree , I have the only 24 hr shop around here. I also have a mill, lathe and welder.