1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

making liquid deicer

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by jarabe1, Nov 19, 2008.

1. jarabe1

jarabe1 Junior Member
    from 24018

Hi, I am new at this and I've been researching about liquid deicers. unfortunately in my area there are no liquid deicing providers and I've been wondering if I can dilute calcium chloride pellets in my turbo turf hydroseeder and then sprayed. Any clues? formulas? etc?

Thanks in advance

2. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

I would think you could. When I was down in Louisville for the equipment show last month, the sales guy from north american salt had a bagged calcium/magnesium product that you could add to your sprayer and make a brine.

3. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

absolutely it can be done.

give me youre e-mail and i'll send you my phone number so i can talk to ya, i'll help what i can

pj

4. jarabe1

jarabe1 Junior Member
    from 24018

5. Gix1k4

Gix1k4 Senior Member

6. jarabe1

jarabe1 Junior Member
    from 24018

Thanks for the link, that is great, you just need concentration of the pellets, concentration of the liquid needed according to freezing point and the amount of gallons you want to make.

If any one need help I made a little excel sheet with the formula.

7. Gix1k4

Gix1k4 Senior Member

My brother-in-law is a Chem. Engineer, he's explaining it to me........because i'm simple.

8. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

e-mail sent..

but i dunno why i didnt post my phone number before :rolleyes:,......it's not a secret lol i'll try to help what i can

but yeah, it really depends on youre % of the granule, does it say on the bag?

(660)885-1521

9. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Now everyone can prank call you !!