1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

making led heads strobe??

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by sluggermn, Dec 6, 2009.

1. sluggermn

sluggermn Member

I have a couple of 4 head led pods that I want to mount on the 4 wheeler for when I get the snow blower attached to it my question is how do I make them strobe?
    All they are is a 4 head led pod,amber color, with 2 leads coming out of each of them (hot and ground). how do I wire them to make them strobe?
    Is there a flasher or relay and how do I wire it?

any body care to help?? Oh and I SUCK at herding electrons!!

2. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

yah you have to get a led flasher or led ballast ... get a Able led flasher ... cheap and effective ...
  3. younggun86

younggun86 Junior Member

back in highschool we built led controllers with a 555 timer. radio shack should have the kit available. if i were doing it, i'd try and use that controller to trigger relays. not sure how well it would work.
  4. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

Take a look on ebay, search sho me led flasher, very simple install.
  5. vwmurph

vwmurph Member
    from Maine

Whelen ULF44 LED flasher. Good selection of patterns and only $35
  6. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Any pictures of what you are trying to do ???? Or what you have for lights ????
  7. sluggermn

sluggermn Member

pics finally

here is what I have... I thought that I would just duct tape them to the rack on the 4 wheeler and plug them in ( just kidding!) I will be working on a mounting bracket this weekend and see what I can come up with for mounts.