Snow Plowing Forum banner

making homemade controller. need help

22K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  JMHConstruction 
#1 ·
So my hand held controller went out the other day I have one coming but won't be here in time. So I'm gonna make one out of some toggle switches to use for the snow tomorrow. Any one know anything about this
. Looking for a wiring diagram

#27 ·
micklock;1882115 said:
my jeep is a manual trans and it's hard to drink mtn dew, shift and hold onto the controller.
I know operators who plow with a manual shift, have a beer in one hand, the controller in the the other and a cigarette going at the same time. They couldn't do it without their handheld and a roll of electrical tape. :drinkup:

#28 ·
"And just curious which wires would it go on"

Get your diodes (you need two, not just one) and I will scan and post the schematic. Just to verify... you have an ultra straight blade with three plugs at the grill right? If you have a two plug relay system the wire colors will be different. You will need to destroy your old controller cable to tie into the switches. The alternative is cutting your control harness but that is not a good idea, your new controller might not work on it when it arrives.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.