1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

making drop brackets for 2011 f250.. any advice?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by zecca, Nov 4, 2013.

1. zecca

zecca Junior Member
    from NJ

Installed a lift this spring and had to take my plow frame/brackets off in order to install it. have a 2011 f250 6.2 l v8 supercab with a 2.5 in lift in front and 3 in the rear ready lift think http://www.readylift.com/products/f...rd-f250-stage-3tp-sst-lift-kit-69-2511tp.html then 20 in rims and 35 in m/t on it as well. however now that winter is coming around gotta get it ready again for the winter. Putting the 18in stock rims with 33in tires? back on and now need to drop the plow brackets. have a western ultramount, usually plow with a 7.5 ft western plow. If anyone has dropped one of these before can you give me some advice? Thanks!
  2. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

2.5” is really not that much. You want to double check that your a-frame is parallel to the ground. Also might want to check where the A-frame attaches to the main frame of the plow that it is set to where it is in the highest position(back of the A-frame lowest setting in relation to the ground).. I would not “drop” the main brackets attached to the truck. I would make the brackets longer that are part of the A-frame. So you would again make these longer and in turn get the back of the A-frame lower to the ground resulting in a more parallel A-frame. This would also require some gusseting. There have been people here who have done this with pictures. Search.