1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Making a webpage for my company...

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by trqjnky, Mar 7, 2012.

1. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

Well, its not the best, but at 100 dollars for a year of web site and email it must be better than nothing. at least i dont have a gmail yahoo or aol email address now, thats a little more professional.

what do you think? i included my auto repair shop on there too. I just started it this morning. not sure what else i want to put on there. I dont think i can upload pictures on it, thats kind of a bummer.

www.genuineservice.us

2. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

well i am not happy with that page. decided a "better than nothing page wasnt going to cut it. I now have a professional working on it. will report back....

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Why "us"?and not .com

4. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

Not available

5. 2004chevy2500hd

2004chevy2500hd Senior Member

TRKJNKY - if you want a ".com" - what about: GENUINE-SERVICE.COM - it's available. You could have both DNS names pointing to the same page (two different URLs). Also - Is GoDaddy just doing your DNS or are they hosting your page as well? I know that you've spent a benjamin already - but you might want to look at wix.com - you can create pages with the look and feel of something like Microsoft Word - point and click type stuff. If you want to stay with your current hosting company - check to see if you have to have their banners embedded in your page...That said....Great start!!! Keep going!

6. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

i have an aquanintance setting up a nice page for me as we speak. should be done by today. hes going to set it up, host it, etc. and hopefully get my cash refunded from godaddy.

7. BOSS LAWN

BOSS LAWN Senior Member

8. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

holy crap boss lawn. lawn care prices are cheap in MN! i wouldnt do half that stuff for double the price you charge. except snow, youre the same as me. if you were close you would be hired!

9. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

NEW WEBPAGE IS UP! CHECK IT OUT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK! im working on getting a couple pics up and going.

10. grandview

Couple of things. area code is backwards. I think the "C" and "j" should be capital, auto section you forgot your phone number ,it's just xxxx

11. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

haha, area code, jeez. fixed that. the C and J i assume you are talking about the "just call us" part? i did that.

and i added in the auto section phone number. i am doing this stuff now that he got it set up. i am filling in the details and what i want the site to say.

i have a couple pics uploaded too. and a little more info. it will be updated by monday.

12. grandview

415 (555) 4356 this is wrong.

Should be capital "J" in just

13. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Pretty basic to say the least. But not bad over all i suppose.

14. greg8872

greg8872 Member

Been almost 2 months, still going forward with the site?

-Greg