1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Making a snowfoil

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dieselguy5245, Nov 29, 2009.

1. dieselguy5245

dieselguy5245 Senior Member
    from mass.

I have a 8 foot fisher plow. I was wonder how difficult would it be to make a snowfoil? I have the steel i just didnt know where to start. Has anyone one on here made there own?If so could you post picks of them? If you were wondering i plow streets. I dont plow parking lots,but i sometimes do a coulpe drive ways. Im new to the forum(but not to plowing) so im sorry if i posted this in the wrong place. Any help would be good, Thanks

2. dieselguy5245

from mass.

Bump ........

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

scroll down here to my screen name. few good pics.
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=63943

i had to install limiting chains on the ends and middle. the belt flaped to much. now its 100% great. and wont rust out or bent when stacking snow.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  4. dieselguy5245

from mass.

Thanks for the pictures they really helped out.

5. dieselguy5245

from mass.

I was lloking more along the lines of a metal foil though.

6. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

I just picked my plow up today and bought the snow foil. I put the snow foil on and love it. I know its a rip off. 344. but i got it for 275 since i just bought my plow. I dont see how you can really make a home made one and have it look as good as fishers. Just my 2cents. If you do make one please most pics.

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

There are quite a few used ones out there.

8. dieselguy5245

from mass.

Well if i do make one i will try to post picks up. right know i dont have the money to buy one

9. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

friend of mine years ago had a meyers.

had his metal shop friend plasma cut out some brackets the shape and hight he wanted. then had him roll 2 4ft sections of 1/8 plate. took all and drilled and bolted up then welded skin to the tabs. removed and painted.

ya it was a heavy duty version of the fisher unit. ya it was on a meyers.

but like others have said get the oem or a used one. ebay has deals. also.

time/energy/effort is it worth it. ?

10. dieselguy5245

from mass.

Thanks but i have found a foil on craigslist for cheap so i think i will buy that

11. padec21

padec21 Member
    from ct

My plow came with a black plastic made by SNO-EX. it is very thick but still a little flexable. I gave it a light sand to scuff and painted it with some black spray paint made for plastic trim on cars and it looks brand new. if I ever figure out this computer thing I will post pics.

12. old time

old time Junior Member

get the deflecter. works great and maintains the same curve as the mold board. $145