1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Making a custom lightbar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by stroker79, Nov 18, 2009.

1. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I was browsing around on eBay and found a lightbar for $25. It's a whelen edge 9000 and it is missing most of it's parts. It has a few halogens and strobe tubes but that's it. So I thought I would buy all clear lenses for it and make it a hybrid strobe tube and led lightbar. Has anyone done this? The edge is big enough to fit just about anything in so I figure it's a good platform for something like this.

What do you think? Post pics of your custom bars also, I need some more ideas!

2. Ketch

Ketch Member

I've got some Edge 9000 parts lying around, as well as a full size lightbar I haven't done much with as of yet. Everything's for sale.

3. stroker79

What kind of bar is the fullsize lightbar?

What do you want for it all? Any pics?

Im interested in some parts like a power supply, and a strobe head. The one I bought has 3, I want at least 1 more.

4. Ketch

Ketch Member

I'll get an inventory, post pics and let you know. One of my gf's filled my garage with my crap from the basement, I can only crawl in between the furniture and boxes and ceiling. :realmad: Ugh.

5. stroker79

Nice, I appreciate it!!

Edit: How many GFs do you have?

I know my wife is enough...........lol

6. Ketch

Ketch Member

Hahaha - oops.

Before I forget, it's a Whelen Edge 9000, 4 corner strobes, alleys, flashers, takedowns, and 2 or 4 more inner strobes, but I don't know if that power supply has a bad fuse or if it's even installed. Also have a frame for a mini Edge 9000, and a whole bunch of parts for it, too. More lenses, other parts all over. Just gettin your drool started, I'll let you know what's up for sure in a couple days.

7. stroker79

:eek:

J/K, no problem, im never in a hurry to part with money.

8. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

yes it has not that hard to do

9. stroker79

do you have any pics? I figured it wasnt hard to do. That wasnt even a concern.

10. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

I also have some 9000 parts. Mostly plugs and wiring pigtails but i also have some lights and lenses.

11. stroker79

Nice. The bar comes in today so ill know what Ill need soon.

Thanks!

also, you gonna be at valley today? im meeting with mike at 9:30

12. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

don;t forget your clown shoes....;-)

tell the big jabroni i said hello...
    [​IMG]

what ever odd parts you need for the edge let me know.....i know a guy with containers full of ex cop bars..

13. stroker79

Will do, thanks george.

Are you plowing this year?

14. Dissociative

yeah.....prolly.....if i have time

working on renting a shop right now for the business....

15. stroker79

Nice, just be patient, I found mine for a great price when everyone else wanted double than what im paying now.

16. Dissociative

750 for a 1000 square feet.....office with furniture...and a brand new bathroom?..

good?

17. stroker79

That sounds about right. 1000sf will fill up fast. Im paying 42 cents per square foot right now but i dont have an office.

18. Dissociative

that is low.....damn....

i didn't need an office....but it's there......nice chill spot to make deals...

19. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

That sounds like a good idea...Let us know.