1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Making a Chain Lift into a "Direct Lift"

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by cold_and_tired, Dec 14, 2009.

1. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I'm just doing a little thinking out loud here but would it be possible to convert a chain lift into a sort of direct lift?

I was thinking of 1 1/2" X 1/4" wall tubing with adjustable heim joints on each end that would take the place of the chains.

Anyone done this? I still have four more years to think about it because my plow is still under warranty.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

By that point in time you'll ralize you like the chain lift better anyway ;) sorry I just had to

I don't see why this wouldn't be possible but it probably would have been a better idea to just get a direct lift from the start if that's what you really wanted