1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

make drop faster

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by plow tech, Jan 6, 2009.

1. plow tech

plow tech Member

i have a central hydraulic system with a meyer setup and i can not figure out how to make it drop faster any body have any tips?

2. plow tech

plow tech Member

this is on a dump truck,does not have any kind of e serice pump.

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Check for a inline flow restrictor?

4. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

i got the same problem

5. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

Are you talking about the the knob shown in the pic on the cylinder. If so that has been moved up and didnt change anything. Is there a filter or something in there?

[​IMG]

6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

If your talking about the kid in the pic, i dont think hes the problem.

Its hard to see in the pic, it looks like there might be a flow restrictor there. It will be rectangular with a adjustment knob on it. These do freeze up and sometimes need to be replaced. Quik couplers can also cause flow problems. Take what you think is the flow restrictor off and see what happens.

7. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

100% the problem lol

Thanks Ill take it off tonight and see what happens.

8. timmy1

timmy1 Senior Member
    from RI

It's called a "Rate of drop" screw.

It will be on the return side back to tank, On your CH system, should be on top of the reservoir with the return line flowing through it. I have one under the seat of my tractor that controls rate of drop adjustment for the 3 point hitch.

Yes, dump body hydraulic systems use them so the body comes down slow and safe.

9. plow tech

plow tech Member

thanks ill look and see if there is one but i didnt see anything like that earlyer.

10. plow tech

plow tech Member

we have one at the pump that has a handle on it is that what your talking about?we took that off and still same thing.