1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Major snowstorm Wed morning

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Vaughn Schultz, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Hey, who are the lucky ones that are under the Winter Storm Warning For Wed morning? how much a you looking to get ?

** Good Luck **

2. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

We are under a alert right now. We're supposed to get 12" - 21" but we'll probably only end up getting like 2" cuz the weathermen are never ight. Let's all pray though. The only bad part abot this is we're all gonna be tired on Christmas Day. Last year we plowed for 26 hours on Christmas Eve and in the evening on Christmas. What a mess. Have fun and stay safe.

3. salt shaker

salt shaker Member

Same watch

Were under the same Weather Watch but this is the first I've heard of 12"-21" I know we are going to get freezing rain with it though, Man I hate FREEZING RAIN. :mad:

4. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Wow 21". I haven't heard that but wouldn't that be cool. These forcasters are really pumping this storm up cause of holiday travelers.

5. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Columbus, Ohio

We are under a Winter Storm Warning here. Calling for 6-10 from Wednesday to Thursday morning. Trying to copy the warning info but it won't copy for some reason. Will keep trying. But I still have not heard a definite track on this thing yet.

JP

6. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

John Dee is calling for 12-24 inches in Ohio. Must be nice. :(

7. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

We're ready, bring it on!!! I'' believe it when the money is in my pocket!!!

8. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

10:30pm Tues. nite....Latest forecast is for 2 seperate storms to cover the Indy Metro area by Thursday AM. Total accumulation is suppose to be 7"-10" in Indy....more just south of Indy.

Bring it on !!!!!!

9. jpunlimited

jpunlimited Senior Member

you are killing me!!!!

I got: 24k for the jeep 2k for the plow, $100 for the various reflectors on my accounts.NO SNOW! I am glad your plows are locked and loaded merry christmas!

10. KSWART

KSWART Member

2 - 8 inches expected in Buffalo/Western NY Wednesday - Thursday but also mixed with rain and sleet so we'll see.

11. Snow Encrusted

Snow Encrusted Member

kEN

Can I come live with you, I don't eat much,can wipe my on ass :jester:

12. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Three different forecast from the locals here. One is calling for 6-10, the second is calling for 4-8, and the third thinks the storm is going further to the west which will cut down on the snow amounts. Ok with that being said the NWS is still calling for this.I will believe it when I look out the window now

Local Severe Weather Alerts

Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...CLARK OH-DELAWARE OH-FAYETTE OH-FRANKLIN OH-GREENE OH-LICKING OH- MADISON OH-PICKAWAY OH- 1104 PM EST TUE DEC 21 2004
    ... WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM (7 AM EST) WEDNES DAY TO 5 PM EST (5 PM EST) THURSDAY...

SIX TO TEN INCHES OF SNOW CAN BE EXPECTED TO FALL BETWEEN WEDNESDAY MORNING AND THURSDAY AFTERNOON.

SNOW WILL DEVELOP WEDNESDAY MORNING AND PICK UP IN INTENSITY BY WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON. 2 TO 4 INCHES CAN BE EXPECTED ON WEDNESDAY WITH AN ADDITIONAL 3 TO 5 INCHES WEDNESDAY NIGHT. THE LAST BURST OF SNOW CAN BE EXPECTED THURSDAY MORNING WITH ANOTHER INCH POSSIBLE. THIS WILL BRING THE STORM TOTAL TO SIX TO TEN INCHES FOR THE EVENT.

REMEMBER... A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE IMMINENT OR HIGHLY LIKELY. HEAVY SNOW AND/OR ICE ARE FORECAST TO ACCUMULATE IN THE WARNED AREA CAUSING HAZARDOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS. THOSE WITH TRAVEL PLANS IN THE WARNING AREA ARE ADVISED TO CHOOSE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE, OR SHOULD USE EXTREME CAUTION IF TRAVEL IS UNAVOIDABLE.

Close this window

13. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Thats sweet. How do I find out if im expecting anysnow? everytime I go to weather.com they NEVER tell you exact inches. we havent even had 2" yet :( we usually have like 15" by now. Anyway, what website can I get the "s expected from? Oh ya, my zip for those intrested in helping me find the "'s is 48236.

Thanks In Advance!

Happy Holidays!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2004
  14. KSWART

KSWART Member

We were 20"'s behind last week.

15. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

you have to go to the professional sites like accuweather and intellicast

looking @ 8-12 here, aobut damn time

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2004