1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Major problems with Meyer E - 60

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by WeDoSnowplowing, Nov 21, 2009.

1. WeDoSnowplowing

WeDoSnowplowing Senior Member

I had my son high school kids hook up the power unit snowplow lamp, & Snowplow on to the truck the 1st time for 2009 2010 season. WOULD NOT go up the overload light comes on. WOULD NOT go right overload light comes on. WOULD NOT go left up goes up slowly. WOULD NOT go down overload light comes on.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Are you kidding me????

The one whos posted every techincal manual there is cant find the answer in one of them??????

3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

4. Crash935

Better go over to the other site there toby and get the BIG popcorn cart, think your going to need it!!!!

5. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

6. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

7. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

I had the sam issues with my old one..All the problem was was a bad electrical connection at the plug and the ground wires on the motor were on the same post they need to be one on the motor and one on the block..Maybe this will help.

8. WeDoSnowplowing

He forgot to plug in the A, B, & C coils. He just did the big black & big red power cables.
    He said he couldn't the wires to plug in to them. took me 15 minutes to locate them & other 30 minutes to fish them out.
    An old E - 60. I am teaching him how to hook up the snowplow. He does a good job mowing and maintance on the mower.

Tomorrow get the plow out of storage. Got too dark fast to see to put it on. No electric at this storage place.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  9. Crash935

I dont get it, the plow was on the truck and didnt work but you didnt get it out of storage???:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

10. WeDoSnowplowing

1st we put the power unit on then we hooked up the plow We couldn't rise it due to the overload light came on then we try to to angle right the over load light came on. Unhook the plow. Left angle went up did not left plow up. Left the plow in storage. Can't drag it on the state & city highways. Due to it wouldn't go up. Just a 10 foot wide X 4 foot deep storage just big enounght for the power unit & snowplow. Without electric & no tools. There the whole story.

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Why didn't you short chain it? Isn't that why the chain advocates praise that optional procedure so much??? You missed the perfect opportunity. :laughing:

12. WeDoSnowplowing

13. WeDoSnowplowing

It did not left anyway with the weight of the plow when it was being on left angle. :jester: :drinkup:

14. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

15. Crash935

Thats how we feel also Mark!!!!!:

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Let me try to translate

It does not have the power to lift the blade when angling left.

Or

I kind of fixed it.

17. Sound like looks like bad valve or coil not getting a ground or bad coil.

18. WeDoSnowplowing

Yes I did change the Valves due to broken studs. The new Valves came with new coils. Now it just goes Up good and fast on raise. Does left angle also goes slowly goes up on left angle. Does Right angle also goes slowly up on Right angle. It lowers good.
    I think some dirt got in the Meyer E-60 or do not torque valves properly due to the deep well was deep enought. Kept slipping off. So took it to the Meyer snowplow repair shop where they have the right tools. Will report back when. IT IS PAID-IN-FULL SO I CAN PICK IT UP. I CAN NOT CHARGE FOR REPAIR. MUST BE PAID-IN-FULL SO I CAN GET IT BACK!
    We are talking about next Friday not Black friday Pay-day from other place I work at. Good thing I can use there equipment do my customers on way to gas station.

19. I see what you mean about repairs shops want Paid-In-Full. They told me that when a snowplowing company gives out rates when Fuel price are low. Then Fuel price go up almost a $1.00 per gallon. The payment slow down or stop coming in for repairs. Once there snowplowing customers agree to a rate they can not raise it. They try the customer goes to an other company to have them to do snowplowing same price or few bucks higher before the fuel goes up.

20. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I think everyone wants to be paid in fullpayup