1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

major noreaster thurs

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by easthavenplower, Jan 8, 2004.

1. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

weather man says maybe a major nor easter next thursday to far in advance but we need it till then my fingures are crossed.also expecting snow tuesday couple of inches

2. 2004F550

2004F550 Senior Member

Right and they said to expect a major snowfall this Sunday into Monday. I guess it can't hurt to hope though. Right now I'll be happy to get a few inches on Tuesday.:p :p

3. easthavenplower

i feel your pain brother where you from in ct

4. 2004F550

2004F550 Senior Member

Canton.....about 25 miles NW of Hartford

5. easthavenplower

oh i know where that is

6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

i hope we get at least a few more storms......the boss got us a brand new sno pusher and it doesnt have a mark on it......cant wait to break it in.

7. easthavenplower

hey glatsonbury stop and shop is doing a big remodle job i might be doing the plumbing still waiting to hear

8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

we have two stop and shops lol.....must be the one at somerset that is remodeling, cause the other is brand spanking new.:D who woulda thought a town would need two brand new Super Stop and Shops?:D

9. easthavenplower

yea i know the one in north haven is remodling also might be doing that one too

10. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

easthavenplower

What weather forcaster are you listening to that is calling for lots of snow????All I'm seeing is snow showers for next week.

Gene

11. myo

myo Senior Member

Let's hope for some of the white stuff! I'm getting anxious for snow...:D

12. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I heard a possibility of a bunch of little clipper storms next week.Ranging from dustings to 2 inches of snow and maybe a coastal storm by the end of the week, but thats up in the air

13. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

I'll take anything at this piont. I acually have more people calling me about landscape work rightnow than I have in the last month. I looked at a grading/ drianage job today and tomorrow have to look at a paver job, a wall repair and another grading job. It's crazy, we even went out 3 days this week and worked on a clearing job... but I want snow!purplebou

14. BobH

BobH Junior Member
    from CT

Hey 2004F550, I am in Canton also. Actually Canton Center. Maybe I will see you at the General Store sometime on Cherrybrook Rd.

15. easthavenplower

lisyten to ct channel 8 dr mel

16. easthavenplower

lisyten to ct channel 8 dr mel

17. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Go to >> Farmersalmanac.com ,,,,there you can print out 2 months at a time. ie: Jan & Feb 2004 for your area. I will tell you that for what ever reason and way they do it....it is about 95% accurate here in the midwest / ohio valley. So far December & Jan. to date have been right on the money :eek:

18. easthavenplower

if i remember correctly that almanac said bad winter here for us on the east coast been nice and warm for the most part.so that almanac can go right into a river lol

19. easthavenplower

if i remember correctly that almanac said bad winter here for us on the east coast been nice and warm for the most part.so that almanac can go right into a river lol

20. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Kipcom

I think that I am in the same region as you, and I must be on a different site than you. I see sweet dreams but no reality yet in january. It's still early, I guess we'll see. I must have missed that big storm in the last day or two.