1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Major Meyer E-60 Pump Problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Kys03Rigger, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Kys03Rigger

Kys03Rigger Junior Member

My E-60 pump won't allow plow to go left after it goes to the right at all. I have taken apart the PA block, and made sure all passages are clear, replaced C valve and replaced all connectors and hoses. I took apart the pilot check valve and crossover relief valve and both are in good conditon. The plow was put on another truck and works perfect. I also disabled the C coil to test if it was energizing when I pressed left and nothing changed, the pump still binds when I try to winrow to the left. It sounds like it is at a hydrolic bind when I try to move to the left after going right.

If you let it sit for an hour or first time you press left it goes left smooth and fast. Then after it will not move to the left.

ANY HELP or suggestions??

Worked fine last year and has had fresh fluid changes each year.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Most of the time it's a faulty quick coupler when they'll angle right but not left... the fact that it works one time after it sets for a bit would make me even more suspicious of a quick coupler problem..
  3. Kys03Rigger

Kys03Rigger Junior Member

I can't believe after all that BS it was just a mismatched quick coupler. Thanks.
  4. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

And Mike saves the day again !!!!

I think you should be on every ones chrismas card list :)
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sometime's it's the simplest things that cause the most grief...:realmad: Generally on a Meyer, if it won't angle to the left when the pump runs, and your sure it's something hydraulic, 99% of the times it's a faulty coupler since they use none of the valve/coil assemblies to angle to the left. Occasionally a plugged or damaged crossover valve will restrict the left side flow path which won't allow the left cylinder to retract but even that's pretty rare...

Thanks C&C...just happy to help...and Merry Christmas to all :)
  6. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

that can also be something as simple as the coupling not fully COULPLED
    ram to pump to ram
    Iv done that many times in a hurry
  7. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Heres a tip to locate a def coupler. After finding that you are having a prob angling the blade. Try to unplug the couplers, if one is hard to either to uncouple or couple then you have a def coupler...Rob
  8. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I see alot of posts with problems on the E60 pump. Try the Meyer link