1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Major 100 Car Pile Up just North of Toronto

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Oasis, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Oasis

Oasis Senior Member

I didnt know quite where to post this but since its weather related I figured this is as good a place as anywhere.

Highway 400 which is one of Southern Ontario's major highways was the location of a pile up consisting of over 100 cars. An area of somewhat common visibility issues due to snow squalls went from limited visability to zero visability in a matter of seconds. Bare in mind there was very little snow on the ground. Anyways thanks to some great drivers, a lot of fantastic medical and other emergency personel and one really quick thinking big rig driver who managed to vear off the highway and crash into some trees instead of plowing through other vehicles no one had life threatening injuries.

Just wanted to share this since Toronto hasnt had too much in the weather news.

Heres a link if you are interested.

Just sharing. . .

2. lawnmasters2006

lawnmasters2006 Senior Member

not good...we have those in mich too,always us 131 runs north ..alwasy a car pile up ther a few times a yr..
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I'll bet it was JD and his tractor trying to get to Tim Hortons for coffee that caused the problem.:eek:
  4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I had my 4-ways on!!