1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

maintenance tomorrow, need little help

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by AUB1, Dec 10, 2008.

1. AUB1

AUB1 Member

My '04 mm2 stopped 2 days ago while plowing, been layed up since. The plow would only go down and wouldn't go back up or side to side, it would just wine. I just bought it and didn't know the maintenance history but I think I found out last night. It's been below zero here but last night the temp shot up, and all of a sudden my plow starts working just fine. Please help me with my diagnosis but to me it seems like there was water in the fluid which was freezing and not allowing the system to work. So tomorrow I'm going to change the fluid, filter and reading some other threads here, people are saying I should change the SEHP also..what is the SEHP...thanks for ur help
  2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Found this on site

Unscrew the drain plug on the resevor, drain out the fluid then unscrew the 4 screws on the reservoir. You may need to unbolt the whole pump to drop the reservoir belive there are two 9/16 bolts but use a rubber mallet and "tap" the canister off the O-ring. Make sure you clean out the bottem of the canister as well as the magnet at the bottem. The filter is small and tube shaped. Pull it off, might be kinda hard but it will budge. Press the new one on and reassemble and i think its 1 and a half quarts of fisher fluid, there is a side plug can unscrew that marks the level
  3. AUB1

AUB1 Member

thanks a ton Big Dave, I'm heading over to my Buddy in a little bit to do this. My printer picked today to be out of ink so I wrote your reply out long hand. I'd go get ink but I live a 20 minute drive away from any store, and through the woods ta boot. By the wy I'd sure like to see a pic of ur truck...sounds like a nice rig.........thanks again
  4. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

5. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

Yep you had a freeze up, flush and change.
  6. rbergevine

rbergevine Member

and do it each and every season, before the season.