1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

maintenance on 9 ft. fisher minute mount

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BASS-TARD, Jan 28, 2011.

1. BASS-TARD

BASS-TARD Junior Member

Hey Guys,
    I have a Fisher that was purchased in 2002. I have never done any maintenance on it as we havent had much snow up until last year. I have not experienced problems other than a few wiring issues but I am starting to think that taking it to the place where I got it would be a good idea. Is there damage that can be done by not changing the fluid and having it looked over? It really still works great even being totally neglected except for washing. I would never buy another brand after having this thing... its a beast.

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I would change that since its never been done.I change the fluid once a year.When I change it I also change the pump inlet filter screen and check the tightness on the lift cylinder nut as well. Repoman will chime in and tell you more then what I know about fishers

3. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

Fisher sent out a service note a few years ago that one of the worst things you can do is to COVER up the pump as I guess in summer months it does cause them to sweat more and leave a by product of water in the fluid. The only reason they want the fluid changed annually is to get that mosture OUT.
    There would be nothing wrong with the fluid from one seasons plowing but it is likely to have some WATER in it so that is why they suggest changing it ever year???? Sorta like changing your Tranny filter just to be sure . Just something that should be done .

4. glennemay

glennemay Member

With that said, I am in a similar situation. I have not had a plow since my 1980 Speedcast. Does anyone have a maintenance manual for the minute mount 1 plows? How to do the fluid change, etc?

I assume that the fluid change should be done in the fall just before the winter,but what is the correct proceedure?

Thanks
    Glenn

5. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

PM this fella.

PM a guy on here called "Repoman 207" he is a plow guru and knows alot about the correct way to service plows and can probably give you the correct "factory" advise on off season maintenance