1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Maintance Schedules

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ForestEdgeSnow, Sep 9, 2010.

1. ForestEdgeSnow

ForestEdgeSnow Senior Member

2. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I always change trucks oil at 3k whether its synthetic or not thats just how I am, I am very big on routine maintenace on everything I own. Also when I change oil I grease and check over everything Tranny fluid gets changed once a year in the fall

3. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

When the good techs at Schaefer labs tell me to.That's really the only true way of knowing when to changeout,with a SOS.Of course,it won't hurt anything to change beforehand except a possible waste of some money.

4. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Oil
    Gasser- 3000
    PSD-5000

Trans.
    Auto-Yearly in Fall and Remote Filter Change (Though ford recommends 3 years i believe)
    Hand Shaker- Bleed and/or Change as Spongi-ness Occurs

Coolant-
    Supposedly Maintainence Free, until 100,000,,,doesn't hurt to float test regularly, and/or flush.

Differentials-
    Every Other Year in the Fall

Trans Case-

Unfortunately, most of the grease fittings have been eliminated, gives me one less thing to maintain. :(

Also part of my oil change maintainence, is a fluid check of everything, coolant float test, Tire pressure and condition, Battery Load Test, and brake check. Among other minor stuff.