1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Maintainence Tips for a Honda 520AS

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by chefwong, Nov 13, 2004.

1. chefwong

chefwong Junior Member

I'm a new owner of a *used* Honda 520AS snowblower. The price on it was something I could not pass up & it starts fine on the first pull :)

Other than a oil change and possibly spark plug, any other maintence tips you can offer ? The unit was only used for about 20X over the course of 3 years from a guy who owned a snowplowing business and was parting with his machines.
    Fella was a Harley owner too so I'm gonna expect the best and say for sure he drained the gas from the tank & carb, oil, etc at the end of each season.

I'm hoping good luck with this machine for Many Seasons. My pops used to have a MTD without an electric start and it was a BEAR just to get it started ! Partially I think it was my pops fault from a maintainence standpoint ........