1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Maine

Discussion in 'Weather' started by DugHD, Jan 17, 2010.

1. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

Waiting for snow tonight 4-8"?

2. Buck Bros.

Buck Bros. Member

lucky dog . nothing but water here.

3. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

I should go check the reports now and then. The last I heard was 2-4" one time around, then maybe another 2-4" from another system. I'm kinda in "I'll believe it when I look outside and see that the deck and steps need clearing" mode. There was a Winter Storm Warning for York County, and a Watch for Cumberland County, last I knew.

I've had my plow off for over a week now, so it's not my fault. ;)

4. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

THe weatherman are all over the place down here. I'm hearing for 0 - 10" depends on what channel your watching. :dizzy:

5. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

Thank god i got up at 3:30am to go open everything up!!! Last night they said 4-8" well I got in at 6:50 to catch the end of ch6 news and manix upped the totals this a.m. 8-12!! Thank god they can only get the tide right 12hrs out!!!! Enjoy
    Pete

DSCN3797.jpg

6. Maine_Train

Yee-ha! It didn't look quite like that at my place this morning, but it looked like more than "2 to 4." When I have to push the outside door open 'cause the stuff is higher than the bottom of the door, it's a sign I'm probably going to be doing some plowing. :D

It's starting to look a little more like what AccuWeather was predicting than what Weather Underground's forecast was. We could probably average-out the two and get the right numbers. :rolleyes:

7. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Hell yeah Pete! Go getcha some $$$$

8. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

Hell yeah 12"+ or 24hrs+ double charge baby!payup:drinkup::redbounce The way its going now im thinking 12-16"

9. plowguy43

Its already close to 12" down here in Portland. Mind if I borrow your truck tonight so I can "test drive" it while plowing to see if I really like it! hahaha

10. Maine_Train

Argh! I don't even have my plow on yet. Almost, though. ("Minute Mount? 'Scuze me, I don't think so.")

Film at eleven.

11. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

Well Saco/Buxton got 10-14 inches alot of drifting but it was deffently 12". How did everyone else make out? Tuesday night into Wednesday could be a good one I heard at noon.

12. plowguy43

I'm out right now- 12" in oxford, on my way to lisbon then lewston. light fluffy stuff so far.

13. Maine_Train

It stopped snowing around the time we started trying to get the plow back on, and the sun came out for awhile. The plow had shifted its position during a warm spell, and the attaching process wasn't going too well. Finally, La Wife suggested putting her scissor jack under the A frame and boosting it back up where the push plates could get where they needed to be. Sometimes, living with the World's Smartest Woman has its advantages. :p

When I first went out to the truck this morning, it looked like this. I bet the snowflakes were thinking they had won.
    [​IMG]

After a lot of frustration and bad language, the plow was back on the truck, and the snowflakes had lost another battle.
    [​IMG]

14. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

We didnt get any of that yesterday but it s really starting to hammer us up here right now at 12 noon today . Just big fluffy stuff but coming down at a pretty good clip . Weather Bug says S Aroostook and N Washington around 8" so we will see if that V is up to it!!!

15. Maine_Train

That's the first time I've seen WeatherBug's site. I kinda like it. :cool:
    We're getting another shot of it today. I kinda think WeatherBug means 5-9" between today and when it ends on Wednesday, rather than another 5-9" during Wednesday, right? :eek:

I found out yesterday that the fluffy stuff is easy to toss around, but if it gets packed down, it's a real PITA. :realmad:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  16. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

Yeah I talked to mothernature and since I had a double charge storm yesterday, I said ship a little more north on this storm to my buddies on plowsite!!!

17. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

They just updated it again ++++++++

<<<<<<<<Caribou>>>>>> just reposted the latest, and they have now updated us with a 8-12" from now thru Wed evening! :waving:
    Bring it on Daddy like ...................:cool:

18. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I got 4-10 inches Monday depending on location. More closer to the coast of course. Looks like Midcoast gets the jackpot again tonight/tomorrow. 5-9 inches. May not get two more full charges, probably 1 1/2 or something like that.

19. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

Nice!!!!! Good luck out there snap some pics.:salute:

2COR517 talk to you later in the Equipment Damage thread Thrusday:waving:

20. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Hey, I might not break anything in the next two days:realmad::realmad: