1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Maine Storm 2/11/12

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by BOSSMAN21, Feb 11, 2012.

1. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Here are a few pics before the snow started to accumulate, I will post pics along the way and throughout the storm! Enjoy!

Ready for storm 1.jpg

Ready for storm 2.jpg

2. buttaluv

buttaluv Member

that is a good looking rig

3. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

It's gonna suck, the ground never had a chance to freeze overnight, temps here stayed in the mid 30s. Maybe but doubtful it will freeze before the snow has to be plowed.

4. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Thats what I was thinking too, but its already 30 degrees here, I think that it will be fine to plow on, I can't honestly complain since it has been a month since I have plowed ANYTHING. I would love to see 6+ inches this storm, it has finally started accumulating on the pavement.

5. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

This one turned out to be a total bust here. They were calling for 2-4,3-6 but temps are in the mid-30's so we got a little slush on the grass. Hope it goes better for you guys!

6. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Thanks! I just got it on Thursday!

7. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Here are a couple more, they are taken at an apartment complex I service, only a couple of inches, but its coming down hard! Hopefully keep it piling back up!

storm 1-1.jpg

storm 1-2.jpg

8. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

i was hoping we would get some down here also, but we only got enough to make the roads look wet down here in Gorham

9. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

So YOUR the ones that took all of our snow! :realmad:

10. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Here is one that was taken at dark.

storm 1-3.jpg

11. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Got screwed here, only got maybe 2" didn't even bother hooking the plow up.

12. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass Member
    from CT

This winter has been so piss pour its not even funny!

13. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Lol X2 on that one!

And here is one more, its a long drive I do, its about 1.5 miles long and its about 5 miles for my house, definatley what I look forward too each snow storm! lol.

storm 1-4.jpg

14. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

I like that last pic Scott. Good way to break in a new truck lol.

15. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Haha, thats what I figured, believe it or not, it was very easy plowing, I do know one thing, is the traction control is an awesome feature for plowing! Also, another thing I noticed about this truck is that it comes up to temperature very quickly, when I turn on my 05 it takes about 15 minutes at idle to come up to 180-200 degrees, with this truck, it was 5 minutes MAX, I thought that was awesome! Thumbs Up

16. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I disagree, I feel my traction control makes me slide more on turns in 4hi.

17. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Huh, I never would have guessed that, of course this was my first plowing experience with this truck so maybe later on I will begin to dislike the traction control, but I thought it helped now.

18. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice pictures. We didn't even get a dusting in my area. Do you know Sterner's Mini Excavation?

19. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

I'm still looking at brown grass here, we even had a grss fire the other day, congrats on the snow!

20. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Nope, never heard of them actually...who owns it, and where do they operate out of?