1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Maine coastal winter

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by TMLGC, Mar 4, 2015.

1. TMLGC

TMLGC Senior Member

FT solo guy. I do lawn & landscape during the growing season. We had a good winter after a very slow start, at times too much snow with little to no breaks. No complaints though as I support my family doing this.

I was able to get through with my straight blade. I did get stuck and had to dig my self out, not fun. This house is directly on the ocean and unoccupied during the winter so I probably waited too long during one of the blizzards.

Plowing a private drive up to a estate during Juno.
  2. TMLGC

TMLGC Senior Member

I went to do another seasonal house after Juno and discovered this at the end of the owners driveway. The private road the house was on was not opened up for 2 days after the storm and whoever did it gave up and left this pile of snow unreal!!!

I could not imagine doing this to someone else's driveway.
  3. TMLGC

TMLGC Senior Member

Oil tank path

4. TMLGC

TMLGC Senior Member

Windows to the 2nd floor were completely drifted over

5. TMLGC

TMLGC Senior Member

6. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

I'm still impressed with those drives being done with a straight blade, that snow was pretty intense :)
  7. TMLGC

TMLGC Senior Member

Thanks, that driveway really opens up just beyond the picture so I knew if I could make it beyond the opening I could lose the snow there. I also saved that for last in case I got stuck, which I did for a bit lol :)
  8. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

The first picture looks as though a blower did that drive? The sides are neatly cut out, what gives?
  9. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Not sure that statement is accurate
  10. Pit Crew

Pit Crew Senior Member

He means the windows on the roof. Thats alot of snow. I love snow,but not that much. Nice pics
  11. TMLGC

TMLGC Senior Member

I would leave the blade straight as you see it back in and push everything across into a cul de sac that was empty. Then leave the blade straight and push the rest in straight ahead.

Thankfully all these storms have been pure powder with temps near or below zero to make that easy. If it was heavy snow probably would not of been able to do that.

Only started doing that after I was running out of room. The first half of storms I just drove in straight with the blade angled.

Also in the area around where my truck is parked is a rock wall so the snow is not actually that high.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  12. TMLGC

TMLGC Senior Member

Where the ladder is and shovel is thrown up there is a window. The snow was drifted from the roof all the way up to the second roof.

Much tougher crowd then on lawnsite lol.
  13. Grump1

Grump1 Member

Good pics, and good job surviving this record snowfall winter!
    Right there with ya bud. Thumbs Up
    He's right, almost every storm was dry powder snow, that never was rained on ( until recently ) and could be moved around much more than you might expect.
    Still, well beyond 100 inches with zero melting, and a bunch of driveways not designed to handle anything near as much...
    It's been a challenge

14. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

great pics!
  15. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

All that snow! Doesn't look like much fun, until you get the BIG $$ check's coming in.
  16. TMLGC

TMLGC Senior Member

Grump1**great name btw

Truck is finally clean and thawed out, cleaned up good considering what it went through, although beginning to feel we may not be done yet??

17. Grump1

Grump1 Member

That is the big question, is that it for snow?
    Have a feeling that we will lose the nice base we have, go back to rocks and ruts, only to get smacked with a few wet and heavy storms. ..
  18. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice pictures. I'm sure we will get a few more storms. We are only in the beginning of March.