1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Maine Blizzard + 60 inches

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by allagashpm, Feb 8, 2015.

1. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

Hey guys, well here in Maine we have been slammed with storms pretty much every 2 days. We got hit with Juno 2 weeks ago which dropped close to 3 feet in some spots, and crazy drifting. Since then we have had several smaller storms and we are currently getting a slow storm dropping 10-14 inches over 3 days. I haven't taken a lot of pictures since it has been so busy, but here are a few of my 2011 f350 with boss 9'2, and 2 yd sander.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My dog thinking if he took my glove I wouldn't be able to leave again

[​IMG]

crappy cell phone pic of an eagle watching me plow

[​IMG]

cleaning up an empty lot for a customer

Over all, my truck and plow have been great. the poly mold board has pulled off 2 bolts on my vxt as of the last storm, but I haven't had a chance to fix it yet. my sander controller caught fire just before the blizzard but I rewired that and its fine now. I also bent the a frame on the vxt, but that may have happened last year, not sure. I haven't seen my family since mid January it seems, but hey that's how it goes. There are a lot of guys around here working harder than I am, which says a lot. Hopefully this winter weens a lot of guys out that are doing it for side cash. Hope you enjoy the pics, and stay safe out there fellas!

2. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sunset

[​IMG]

stacking with 3/4 load of sand, shes got her squat on

[​IMG]

Another sunset...you know you're a mainer when you can still stop and enjoy the sheer beauty around you, despite crazy hours

3. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

[​IMG]

for the website

[​IMG]

a road I plow. This was the second time I plowed it, the drifts were wicked deep. I probably could have plowed it three times, but it wasn't crucial as it is all new construction and the crews were not going out.

[​IMG]

just a side shot of the truck.

4. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pictures

5. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

X2 on the pics!!, especially the one on the road in front of your plow and truck.

6. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

The eagle might be thinking "If I sit up here, I might be able to stay above all that snow." :D

7. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

How have you liked the power of the 6.2 while plowing?

8. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

looking good, lots of snow!

9. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

nice pics, neat eagle too! Duratrac tires? we have them on two trucks they are pretty good in deep snow. Nice truck and plow too!

10. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

Thanks guys for the compliments. Yes duratracs I love them as you can see by the rims and running boards its been deep and they have been great. With 2yds of sand the thing is unstoppable haha.
    The 6.2 is an awesome engine. I have the dreaded 3.73 gears but it doesnt bother me at all and I have not once felt it was under powered, I came from a 7.3 before this. I get 7 mpg plowing, which I think is not terrible considering the weight of the whole set up is probably at least 12k ? My 7.3didn't have a sander and on a big storm I would average 10.
    We are getting more snow this weekend I will try to put some pics up

11. JSutter101

JSutter101 Member

[​IMG]

That's a great shot right there!

12. hatchmastr

hatchmastr Senior Member
    from 516

wow now that's a lot of snow!!!

13. TMLGC

TMLGC Senior Member

Thanks for sharing I think I'm going to have to look into one of those V plows for next year.

14. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

Honestly with you working coastal properties like myself they are worth it. The drifting on some with a 12 inch storm can be 4-5 feet. That pic you posted was brutal

15. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

I have a couple of drives that would really suck without the V. I got stuck in one of them on Mount Hope a couple of years ago with my power plow. The second truck I added we are looking at going from a straight blade to a V.

16. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Ray how do you like that DXT?

17. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Great pics and nice setup.

Ray you're a better man than me, I avoid that hill like the plague in the winter.

18. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

At least you have V plow to get around in that deep snow. Just think how the guys with straight plows getting thru that deep snow. I always think its funny when I see one trying bust drifts with one.

I like your Light bar Looks like needs be in the center.

Nice pics
    Nice rig

19. UpstateDzlGuy

UpstateDzlGuy Senior Member

Nice looking truck. I Would love a V at some point, but for now I make due with my 8 1/2' straight blade Fisher. I have to say, I've never had trouble with deep snow. I've pushed right through 2+ feet of snow. I guess running a diesel has made it possible.

20. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

I am looking at a gasser and was wondering why this comment on the 3.73 gears?? Why are they dreaded?? Do you have the electronic locking 3.73?? Thanks for your answer.