1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

main ram seal

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by bow2no1, Oct 5, 2008.

1. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

hey, new to this site my 1st post..
    red rattler hooked me up.

i just pulled my plow out today to get it ready for winter and noticed main ram that lifts and lowers the plow seems to be leaking. any one ever replaced one?

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

nope did you call curtis or a dealer ?

3. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

i had never head of curtis until i bought this tuck...
    i know of plenty of Fisher, myers dealers... seen alot of boss plows here but i dunno any one that deals with them either.

it's curtis 3000 if that helps?

4. PLOWMAN45

i have that snow pro 3000

5. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

Mine was leaking a bit but it just needed to be tightened up. Did you try that?

6. PLOWMAN45

guy told me about that did you put a pipe wrench around that ?

7. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

nope, i bought a new ram.
    i kept them old one for a spare. i figured i could tighten it, but how long is it going to last?
    would i just be prolonging the inevitable?

i didn't want to get stuck somewhere with a dead plow. i hate working on things in the cold

8. ROYALT91

ROYALT91 Member

Same Problem

Just Hooked Up My Curtis Same Leak Out of main seal i have not try to tighten it. How ever im wondering as i use the plow and warm the hydraulics the seal might swell slowing the leak.

9. ROYALT91

ROYALT91 Member

New Ram

Just bought the new Main Ram. Is it just a straight forward swap or is there a proper way to bleed the air out of new piston, I was thinking of trying to manually fill it through the hole for the hose before i attached it. If anyone has any ideas post them

10. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

it's pretty straight foward. i just swaped it out and changed fluid. it's works just fine