1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Main plug keeps coming off

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by RobbieB, Jan 21, 2009.

1. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

On my plow the main harness plug, (multi-pin), keeps wiggling off and coming partially off. Anyone know a way to help secure it better?
  2. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

Try putting dielectric grease on the pins and then tie wrap the two halfs together, -hope that helps!
  3. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

I've got the dielectric grease in there but not zip-tied. I remove the plow when I'm done plowing.
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If you take it on and off a lot when it's cold old it don't like staying plugged in. So the zip tie works good.
  5. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

I tape up the plug ins with electrical tape and then zip ties, but then the plow stays on all winter.
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Be sure to not over grease it Robbie as that'll lead to the issue your experiencing. The compacted grease will actually push the plugs apart. A little grease goes a long way.
  7. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

Well, incase that's my issue B&B, can I use a brake cleaner to clean those holes out and start from scratch?
  8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sure can, along with a small pick or screwdriver if needed. :waving:
  9. rocknrollrednec

rocknrollrednec Senior Member

I've had luck using a center punch, to ever so gently expand the male side pins on the connector. that adds a bit more friction, and keeps it from falling off. but yeah, too much grease is bad, and cable ties, or electrical tape work too.