1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mahindra Tractor

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by JohnF, Oct 21, 2014.

1. JohnF

JohnF Junior Member

Just bought a 2013 Mahindra xl28 diesel tractor. I have a snow blower for the three point hitch and a Loader on the front. I have a large driveway and if there is 3 or 4 inches it seems to take a long time with a snow blower. Wondering if a snow pusher would be a good idea for the bucket. If so a 7ft or an 8 foot. Don't know anyone who has used one.
  2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I don't think a pusher would be practical for a driveway.

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Don't think that small of tractor could push an 8" pusher. A plow you can windrow with would be best but may damage loader arms.
  4. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

I dont think an 8' pusher is a a good match for a 28 hp tractor!
  5. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Use the loader to make piles, then blow the piles away.
  6. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

7. wwhite

wwhite Junior Member

I got a 2816 mahindra been using it for 7 year now plowing snow and salting out of it with a fertilizer spreader. I think our pusher on it is around 7 feet. On real big snows and long pushes you just have to pick a direction and go straight because you can't steer it much. We love it for tight places were our trucks would take more time turning around. Never had any trouble with the machine
  8. Omega

Omega Member

We run an 8' light material bucket on our DX50 so i imagine you would want to stay 8' or less