1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Magnum vs Snowex Tailgate Spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by JaysLawns, Nov 14, 2008.

1. JaysLawns

JaysLawns Junior Member

Hey guys whats the difference between these two tailgate spreaders? I am looking at the 575 models. Do any of you guys have experience using these spreaders? Will be using bulk salt on small lots so I will probably need the vibrator kit. Thanks to all that reply.

2. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

get the magnum , its a far better unit , has a larger motor, i had a friend that ran 5 tons per storm of bulk though his for a whole season, and i love mine
  3. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I have a 575 and love it. I have run the same amount as mentioned above through mine. No problems at all, This will be its 3rd season of use.

4. delawnman

delawnman Junior Member

I have a 575 and have had meyer/magnum spreaders in the past and my experience is this: Meyer tends to hang their motors off the bottom the bottom of the spreader letting salt and water ruin the motor. i changed a motor every season. Snowex has a sealed motor and a gear drive system that makes tons of chunk grinding torque.my snowex 575 is going into its fourth season on the original motor, i just bought a second one for my other truck.