1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

magnum tailgate spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by nac lawncare, Jan 10, 2010.

1. nac lawncare

nac lawncare Junior Member
    from ohio

anyone use a magnum s575p tailgate spreader. lookin at buyin one but want to get some feed back before i do. thanks

2. grasscutter07

grasscutter07 Member

I have one never had any problems out of it has worked flawless for me I run a skid of salt through it a storm. I even ran bulk salt through it once i dont have a vibrator on it and it worked good.

3. JSHEGA

JSHEGA Junior Member
    from Midwest

If still interested, I have an overstock Magnum 575P (has been in our warehouse for 2 years and has never been used). I would sell it for $1000 plus shipping. It can be viewed at www.millsupply.com and looking up part # 3540575. I also have a new 10.75 cu ft Magnum spreader and a flatbed mount for it, this would be $1200 plus shipping for the spreader and $250 for the mount. Part # 3540590.

4. Rshoemobile

Rshoemobile Junior Member

Tailgate Spreaders

Do you still have either or both of these tailgate spreaders you spoke of? I'm just starting out this year and had planned on just using a large fertilizer spreader, but I have a weak right leg and I'm a little afraid pushing a spreader through snow and slush, especially if it would be at all up hill might be a challenge and take too much time and energy.

Bob Shoemaker
    RShoemobile

5. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

they are overpriced as hell. you can buy a buyer's salt dogg and it will work better for less money with a vibrator built in. don't get sucked into the magnum shenanigans.