1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Magnum Spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Brant'sLawnCare, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone have any? Are they any good? They keep sending me flyers in the mail. They look pretty nice, but maybe a bit pricey.

Brant

2. U1200

U1200 Member

I'm going to go look at one when the local dealer gets it in. I really like the fact that the sppreader is totally self contained and has a wireless control box. Makes it so the spreader can be put in any truck at any time in be fully operational.

3. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

I have no idea why more spreaders aren't set up like this.

4. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

I got a few of them and there great units, My newest one is 2 yrs old..

I didnt know they got one with a wireless box now.... can u post info on them thanks

5. Brant'sLawnCare

Good to hear guys. I may be looking into one in the future. That's really cool that they are self contained. I just wanted to ask, because I keep getting mailings and such, but I have never really heard of anyone using them. How is their price vs. value compared to other brands?

Brant

6. Comet

Comet Senior Member

Hi,
    I purchaced one last week, they are very pricey yes, way over 5500 thats all I want to say on here.

For the past 10 years I used a Western Pro Flow2 tailgate spreader but the steel frame on it just rotted away even with constant cleaning.
    I was content with that for the 1st couple of years using bagged material and hauling 1/2 yd salt/sand, but the shoveling got old and IM getting older each year

I wanted a SS Vbox but the SS's chute on the magnums did not swing away for trailering purposes for my bobcat,
    also this was a demo unit so I was able to get some points knocked off which helped some.

I would have bought an airflow SS electric ( I think ) if they didnt knock off some money for this unit,

KLM Landscaping (may he rest in peace) use to have a minumun charge for his applications with bulk, I need those numbers

P1020430.jpg

P1020428.jpg

P1020427.jpg

P1020432.jpg

7. Brant'sLawnCare

Thanks for the help Comet. Looks really nice. You will have to keep me posted as to how it works, because I don't mind paying more for something that does what it is supposed to.

8. pelt35

pelt35 Senior Member

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  9. Comet

Comet Senior Member

Have to say I do like it a lot
    Of course its on another truck now,
    If needed I can switch it back to the Chevy truck

snow_P1020497.JPG

10. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

We added brackets similar to the ones on these spreaders to our western icebreakers......works like a dream.

11. Brant'sLawnCare

Thanks for the update. I will be in the market next year to get a v-box. I'm thinking about going with a Salt Dogg, but we will see if their problems get ironed out. I am not sure if I want to spend a lot on 1 spreader or if I will get 2 for the price of a Magnum. We will see how many accounts we get next year.

12. JSHEGA

JSHEGA Junior Member
    from Midwest

I have an overstock Magnum 575P (has been in our warehouse for 2 years and has never been used). I would sell it for $1000 plus shipping. It can be viewed at www.millsupply.com and looking up part # 3540575. I also have a new 10.75 cu ft Magnum spreader and a flatbed mount for it, this would be $1200 plus shipping for the spreader and $250 for the mount. Part # 3540590.

13. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

there tail gate spreaders are the best i have ever used. altho you can buy them threw meyer now. those poly v -boxes as picturd above, look very similar to swenson

14. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Meyer Products owns both Magnum and Swenson.