1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Magnetic truck signs

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Plowin in VT, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

Don't know if anyone is interested, but Vista Print is now offering custom car door magnets

2 large ones are $14.49 ($7.25/ea) plus s/h and 2 small ones are $8.00 ($4.00/ea) plus s/h.

http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/car_do...aspx?pfid=050&xnav=top&GP=3/8/2008+8:58:57+AM

No idea what the quality is like, but the rest of the stuff that I've gotten from them is decent.

Mods - Sorry if this is in the wrong place, please move if needed.

2. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

They are also giving away one small magnet for free you just pay shipping.

3. Viperjry

Viperjry Member

Either the price went up or I'm looking in the wrong place.

4. daveintoledo

daveintoledo Senior Member
    from nw ohio

magnets...

they fall off in the cold.....

5. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I've never had mine fall off in the cold... You just need to make sure that they're warm when you put them on. I will store mine inside, then run outside and slap them on real fast before they get to cold and stiff.

6. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Maybe its just me but i think they just look kind of tacky. We used to have them and after having most of them blow of in the wind all of our trucks have vinyl lettering and it looks way more professional. JMO

7. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

they do mine havent havent? just my luck i get the mentally chalanged ones

8. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I have been running magnetic signs for 8 yrs now and had really good luck. I get mine made at a local sign shop and they are not cheap, but that is why they look good! They look just as good as permanent signs. Mine are oval in shape and the vinyl is just the same as if they were going right on the paint. If your not right up at my truck you would think that my truck was lettered permanentally. I have lost one sign in 8 yrs. but it was old and cracked. My work truck and personal truck are the same so I like being able to lose the signs when I am not working! I seem to end up with a new truck more than I should so I probably save alot of money with the magnetic signs!!! Just my $.02, shaun

9. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

Don't you mean Metal-ly Challenged?

10. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

nice pun :drinkup:

11. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

I tried 'em several years ago and yes I lost a couple of them simply driving down the road in windy conditions. At $45 a sign it doesn't take long to realize the value of vinyl graphics.

12. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I had my first magnetic sign stolen off of my truck while i was in a store yesterday.....

time for some new ones...

I like to remove them when I embezzle the companies truck for personal trips or to do activities that I do not want my business associated with..

13. Sign City

Sign City Junior Member

Cast Vinyl Signs

Just wanted to let you guys know we offer cast vinyl signs as low as $29.95 a set of two! Come browse our many sign templates and watch our application video at SemiTruckSigns.com

14. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

I got mine from Artistic Signs of NJ. Or on Ebay they go by eastcoastdecal I have been real happy with them! Here is the white proof from them, then I had them reverse it because my trucks are black.
    Oh well I could load the black, it was to big but you get the idea.

Absolute_Lawn_Scott.jpg

15. dunlaps lawncare

dunlaps lawncare Senior Member

Vista Print is where i got mine and there cracked after 6 mouths

16. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Just proof of you get what you pay for! I'm not trying to rub it in your face or anything but just using it as an example!

I get mine done at a sign shop and have had my oldest set for two years now and it still looks like the day i got them. I have since ordered two more sets and a couple of metal signs as well. No they aren't cheap but they look great, and are very durable!

17. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

i lost one driving down the road

but be realistic with your self

are you in business? do you want to make money? are you professional? then just letter it up already - its way cheaper than magnets, lasts longer, and looks better. you can still take them off later with just a little effort. heck most of us, will either run our trucks into the ground, or trade them to a dealer, who will remove it for you.

honestly ask your self, will you ever remove them - I NEVER DID in 3 yrs, execpt for cleaning.

Fyi , if you dont take them off and clean, you will rust under it